Paid Map Maker Opportunity

Join Discord

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Looking for people to assist with making 9 Provinces Maps, and 11 Cave Maps.

Preferably using HD/Shanda tiles (if anyone can actually do this). You'll recieve a brief/rough outline of what i am looking for.

I'm looking to pay reasonably well, not talking like £20 a map, north of £1000 up for grabs. (more if you can do the new objects/tiles ect) depending on quality of the work.

If anyone is interested DM me.

Jev

LOMCN VIP
VIP
May 16, 2017
Job Centre Plus
Episode 4 Nbc GIF by America's Got Talent

meacher

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 16, 2004
I thought you could just drop BMP's in as maps (i.e. just draw something in GIMP/Paint/Photoshop and use that)...cant quite remember if that's Crystal though...

anyway, please be careful with ya money and the pursuit of this...

Jev

LOMCN VIP
VIP
May 16, 2017
Job Centre Plus
I thought you could just drop BMP's in as maps (i.e. just draw something in GIMP/Paint/Photoshop and use that)...cant quite remember if that's Crystal though...

@Lilcooldoode made a pretty decent tool to do this, I don’t think he went full Monty on it but it did exactly what you’re describing.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham

Dont think that would work for large 800x800 provinces surely? Maybe like KR's ect, (i've seen the maps you are referring to).

Tyraes

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 16, 2007
I don't have that much time to spare at the moment. I played your last server, NightScare, and it was pretty fun until the content reached its end. I guess you're after something custom instead of using some of the existing province maps.

In regards to using BMP's as maps, especially larger ones, most I've seen are pretty boring and very linear, not to mention they will be flat if you don't know how to fix that. And in my opinion, they just look too different to our Mir sprites.

Reactions: NightScare

LOMValkyrie

Known Cheater
Oct 31, 2018
to be honest even a £1000 to make some province maps on the current tools available isnt even worth it no offense.

its just the time required to just make one map of that quality take a ridiculous amount of time and the current map tools just arent up to standard

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing is depressing.
Both quite likely to disappear though 👀

I am actually inclined to agree with @LOMValkyrie 🤢 because making a single map takes hours and hours
On Shorty's, i reckon i could've turned our a province in 1 day solid work for the province, but id probably spend half of that town, i loved the detailed paths etc. I knew the editor like back of my hand, and i knew what did and did not work together... but with the amount of new objects etc.. id be stumped there is so much options (and still many unfixed tiles) I'm out of the game for good, not made a map in 15 years, don't plan on restarting (unless LCD gives me his map editor, but it wont work on any files)

LOMValkyrie

Known Cheater
Oct 31, 2018
for sure but still missing a lot of core features, the editor itself needs rebuilding from scratch the current 32bit one just crashes out all the time too.
dunno if that got fixed or not.

but reality is no one wants to spend weeks and weeks building maps for a private server lol

Reactions: Jev

Damian

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Ravagers
Game Master
Jun 13, 2003
There are many Chinese maps readily available if you know how to read and render them, they use a non standard format, downside is they may not be how you want them which is fair

Reactions: Jev

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
On Shorty's, i reckon i could've turned our a province in 1 day solid work for the province, but id probably spend half of that town, i loved the detailed paths etc. I knew the editor like back of my hand, and i knew what did and did not work together... but with the amount of new objects etc.. id be stumped there is so much options (and still many unfixed tiles) I'm out of the game for good, not made a map in 15 years, don't plan on restarting (unless LCD gives me his map editor, but it wont work on any files)

Yeh I could easy do a province in a day on shortys.

The new map maker is just 100x harder to use and quite frankly, doesn't actually work. I remember trying a few years back, and it would fine in the mapmaker but in game the cliff would be all messed up with no attributes, could never get it to work. The objects aren't built and the ones that are half of them on the wrong layers ect ect. just a nightmare to use.

Tbh, it's one of the things that needs sorting, can't have mir going forever without any new maps if i knew how i'd do it myself haha. I could just pump them out in shortys myself, but I feel now days people/players want the new objects ect, it does provide a much crisper playing experience.

I actually enjoyed making maps.

The price is entirely negotiable, I have an idea in my head and cant figure out the new map maker.

Last edited: