Help Patcher plist sticking

Xzoviac

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Hi, been trying for a while to fix this, when i run the patcher the first time the plist.part will get stuck renaming and will make an "in" folder with a plist and a "patch" folder with a plist and the patch .gz I then have to run the patcher once more to make the in folder and patch folder disappear out of the patcher.

Any know how to fix this?

Im running on admin and i have full write and read permission on all the folders

Solution
Hi Chris, so let's make it clear, you are running the patch manager which is different from the patcher.

The In folder which holds the Plist.bin, this is where the patch manager gets the Plist through ftp from server which hosts the client files.

The Patch folder holds the files that have been detected by the script that they've been changed and different from what is on the server hosting the client files along with the new Plist.bin

Now after these folders are created locally, the patch manager tries to send them to the server using FTP, however, the code written refuses to send binary files for some reason, so what happens is the patch manager sends all the files to the server except Plist.bin that's why it hangs or throws an...

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
it doesn't get "stuck" it just doesn't show anything while compressing files.
you can turn off compression, but the files will be bigger overall.

Check your Task Manager to make sure it's doing stuff.

Upvote 0

Lanaya

LOMCN Member
Feb 9, 2023
Hi Chris, so let's make it clear, you are running the patch manager which is different from the patcher.

The In folder which holds the Plist.bin, this is where the patch manager gets the Plist through ftp from server which hosts the client files.

The Patch folder holds the files that have been detected by the script that they've been changed and different from what is on the server hosting the client files along with the new Plist.bin

Now after these folders are created locally, the patch manager tries to send them to the server using FTP, however, the code written refuses to send binary files for some reason, so what happens is the patch manager sends all the files to the server except Plist.bin that's why it hangs or throws an exception.

Solution, move Plist.bin manually through third party applications like FileZilla, or re-write the code to be able to transfer binary files through FTP.

I don't think you are into coding so if you find what I'm saying hard, I'm more than happy to help you on discord

Upvote 0
Solution

Xzoviac

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
So i can just ignore this error message?
1000013219.png 1000013220.png
and the plist sits in these two folders if i run the upload patch again the folders will disappear and go threw the second time, just a pain in the ass having to do it twice everytime, if it wont take binary files why does it work the second time?

And isnt it the patcher generating the plist itsself then deleting it as the plist dosent end up in the compressed files it outputs afterwards it just disappears

Upvote 0