Voter ID

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
Voter ID
If anyone hasn't got photo ID for the General Election or other elections, use the link below to order an accepted ID.
If you have no passport, driving license or similar, create your own with this facility.
All you need is a 600 x 750 picture of your head and shoulders (read their guidlines) and a National Insurance Number.

You’ll need to apply by 5pm on 26 June 2024 to get a Voter Authority Certificate for the General Election on 4 July 2024

Be quick !

I'm voting ReformUK.
We need big change in this country and I think they deserve a chance. No tax on your first 20k of earnings is a good start !

Reactions: Chriz and Tai

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing is depressing.
It does baffle me that people don't have a passport or provisional licence nowadays.. my friend who didn't learn to drive until the age of 30 still had a provisional

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Golden Oldie
May 10, 2009
County Durham
Though none of the parties are currently up to scratch, am I F**K voting to replace one backward party with another useless moron (Reform). He almost comes across as a man who barely understands politics jumping party to party when he doesn't succeed.

Being a northern lad, I'm a Labour supporter, though the current Labour Party set up is not the Labour I know. But in hindsight, I'll still be voting for them because they are the only party that can actually remove these bunch of wallies from power.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Unfortunately they're all ******* ****. Labour and Conversatives are one and the same - all as crooked as eachother. Reform is a one policy party and Green & Lib Dem policies don't attract my vote.

I currently don't know which way to swing.

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Golden Oldie
May 10, 2009
County Durham
no matter what one you pick, we get ****ed over anyway 🙂or simple yet just dont vote 😂
Not voting is not really all that simple though is it? No vote is a wasted vote. It can be the difference between change in the country, and being left with the **** we have now.

People who don't vote have the audacity to complain when the government do something they dont like, I mean, can you imagine that?

Reactions: Tai

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Over last 10 years of conservatives, Labour has failed as the opposition party, they are all corrupt as each other. Planning on lining their pockets while they can. While Nigel Farage isn't squeaky clean and some of the comments can a bit extreme, he talks a lot of sense.

Rishi will resign and move to America. Starmer is just an illegal immigrant sympathiser, he's just going to allow more and more illegals to remain. He should be protecting this country, but he'll end up destroying it with his pledged policy war with Russia.

But like Nigel F has said, the election has already been won by Labour, It's now about who is going to hold the government to account for its actions.

I do believe voting should be mandatory, whether It's for a party or non

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
People who don't vote have the audacity to complain when the government do something they dont like, I mean, can you imagine that?
As if there is any good alternative choice? Voting adds to political parties legitimacy. Voting for lesser evil is still voting for an evil.

Besides, the real power nowadays is not with the political parties, with the government but with the unelected activist groups in the face of which, governments are morally disarmed.

Not being British, I must say we had hopes in you post Brexit but you have shown yourself to be even more papist than the pope (EU - Brussel), in your case it seems to be true that you'd have been better off staying in EU.

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
As if there is any good alternative choice? Voting adds to political parties legitimacy. Voting for lesser evil is still voting for an evil.

Besides, the real power nowadays is not with the political parties, with the government but with the unelected activist groups in the face of which, governments are morally disarmed.

Not being British, I must say we had hopes in you post Brexit but you have shown yourself to be even more papist than the pope (EU - Brussel), in your case it seems to be true that you'd have been better off staying in EU.

We got out of the EU but the Government "chose" not to do anything about it. They betrayed our decision. Any benefits to leaving were never realised. I'd still vote leave again tomorrow, even with nothing changing. The EU is too corrupt and unaccountable.
Many EU countries are leaning to the right now, more so than our Government. They're finally seeing what we saw and are doing something about it.

Farage isn't controlled by the Globalists and they're scared of him. Saying things like we'd leave the WEF, ECHR et al, makes them sh*t their pants.
Britain outside of their control would severely screw their plans.

The irony is, with all that said, and this thread I started, I now find my constituancy boundaries had changed in 2023 and its a new ward. It seems I have no ReformUK candidate to vote for !
Ha bloody ha !
I might draw a box on the slip for Reform and use that !

Reactions: mir2pion

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 5, 2005
UK

Regarding Brexit, our government parties didn't want to leave, As after parliament they either go into the House of Lords or to the Europe union commission.

The biggest problem with Brexit was that none of the parties came together as a one entity to deliver the best it can for the UK. constant bickering and court battles just showed the EU commission they can give us the worst deal it can.

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
Regarding Brexit, our government parties didn't want to leave, As after parliament they either go into the House of Lords or to the Europe union commission.

The biggest problem with Brexit was that none of the parties came together as a one entity to deliver the best it can for the UK. constant bickering and court battles just showed the EU commission they can give us the worst deal it can.

They have lied to you about Brexit. First they promised you that the money they spent in the EU was going to go to things like the NHS. Then they told you that they were going to get the best deal for the UK but they forgot to mention that the EU had no plans to give you special treatment and that if you left, you left.

I think you're ****ed anyway, no matter who wins and your future is still tied to the EU/mainland Europe.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
none of the parties came together as a one entity to deliver the best it can for the UK
I see it as you've done yourselves in, better than Brussel would have done (green deal, immigration, government by activist groups... in short, self immolation, like lemmings).

Reason I wouldn't be for exit from EU of my country is the same. If we exited, our own political parties would continue to do same that Brussel does and will do, and they would even make better job of it, same as your government has done, as I said, being more papist than the pope. It is sad but that's how things are.

Really the best one can do for himself is launch mir and go kill some raking cats and omas.

• Haha
Reactions: Jev